"I do believe my redheadedness plays a huge part in who I am. If I were a blonde or brunette, I would be an entirely different person."

Friday, January 6, 2012

One year older and wiser too.

I'm a little late, but last Friday was my 22nd birthday!
My wonderful mother always makes great signs for us on our birthdays, thanksgiving, christmas, and pretty much any other holiday you can think of. :)
(Please notice my pants-don't you just LOVE them? Cause I do!)
We went out to dinner the night before on Thursday to Market Street grill.
Just the parentals and Megs and Jake and I because Mr. Jarom came and took me to dinner on my actual birthday night. 


I have such great parents! Not sure how I got so lucky!

This would be the work of my little OCD sister.
That poor girl. :)


I absolutely adore my little sister.
For so long I wanted a sister, and when she was about to be born (my parents didn't find out what they were having) I told my parents that I was moving out if I didn't get a sister.
Lucky for me, this little ball of fire came into the world and my life hasn't been the same since.
And quite honestly I couldn't have asked for a better sister.
She is beautiful, funny, and one of my best friends.
She is definitely one of the highlights of going home to my parents house. 
On my actual birthday my cousin Chelsie and her two girls Ruby and Carlie came out to eat the traditional breakfast of aebelskivers and this incredible caramel sauce-love it!

I love her and especially her two girls-they are so cute!
I just hung out with my parents and then went to the mall with momma during the day.

That night, I'm lame and didn't take any pictures.
But this boy:
Mr. Jarom came to up to bountiful to take me to dinner.
We went to China Platter and then got concretes at Nielson's.
I love that place.
Then we just went back to my house and watched a dumb movie.
(We didn't know it was going to be dumb, otherwise we wouldn't have watched it)
Half way through the movie Meg came home and watched the ending with us.
And then the three of us stayed up until almost 2 just talking.
It was such a good, relaxed birthday.
Thanks to all those who made me feel special and helped me celebrate.
I am so blessed!

On Saturday my cousins Lily and Isabel were baptized.
So we went out to Draper for that.
I got to give a short little talk on baptism for it.
They are some of my favorite people.
I've been babysitting them since I was a sophomore in high school and that has developed a strong bond between the three of us.
They are some of the smartest, funniest little girls you'll ever meet.


This is my other cousin Zellie.
She was adopted a year ago and is just about to turn 1. 
She has big blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair, she fits in perfectly with our family.

I love her so much.

Isabel and I

My mom, her brother Chris and his girls Lily and Isabel

My uncle Kimball and Jake are added in

And then me and two of my favorite girls.
I'm so proud of them!

My daddy loves when I cuddle up next to him.
Ha not.

I love my daddy

Fish face
The girls sang a song at their baptism, it was so good. 

My uncle and aunt Kris and Miranda, little Zellie and Isabel

Kimball, Jake, Megs and my awesome aunt Kate, and da baby (due in May)

Whenever I do these posts I'm just reminded of how blessed I am.
I have lived a very full, blessed life.
I can only be reminded that Heavenly Father knows us each so personally.
He knows what we need, and when we need it.
It has been an up and down year, but I have such incredible people in my life to help me through the hard times and to celebrate with me during the good.
How lucky am I?
I love my life!

3 comments:

  1. Whit, I love your posts! Always such an uplifting read. I love that you love life and that you share gratitude for the ones that make it so worth living ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this post. I also Love your Blog!! I also Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll read your blog everyday for some uplift-ment. :) Love you Whit!

    ReplyDelete