"I do believe my redheadedness plays a huge part in who I am. If I were a blonde or brunette, I would be an entirely different person."

Monday, February 13, 2012

Update on my life

So it's been a while since I've blogged. 
I've been crazy busy with school.
It's kickin' my butt and I'm pretty sure all I do anymore is study!
Anyways, the weekend before last (Super Bowl Sunday) was my mothers birthday and the week before that was my little sister Meg's birthday.
So Jarom and I went up Saturday night and met my family for a birthday dinner.

Here Jare is sporting my bedazzled sunglasses as we head to SLC.


We met the fam at a little restaurant by the gateway, definitely can't remember what its called. 

This is what you get when you ask your 17 year old brother to take a picture for you. 

I absolutely adore my parents.
I love this picture of them.
Its a rare occasion when I can get my dad to smile in a picture, but rest assured that I do everything I can to make him smile. 
Love them both. 

Jarom loves that I make us take pictures everywhere we go. 
One day he'll thank me, I promise. 

After dinner we went back to my house, we were a bit tired.
But naturally we stayed up until 2 am with Meg and Jake and watched Never Back Down.
Such a great movie.
I love going home and staying up late with my siblings and Jare.
We had so much fun with them. 

On Sunday we went to church with my family.
And my dad teaches Primary so Jarom and I went with him to class.
I loved it.
My dad is one of my hero's.
And being able to watch him teach these 8 year olds only made me love and admire him more.
He was so fun to watch interact with the children.
And we became friends with this little ball of fire (please notice the red hair). 
Her name is Jodie and had to sit right between the two of us in class and sharing time.
She was a goof.


We weren't very good examples as we started taking pictures of all of us during sharing time. 



Later that day we had my mom's side of the family come over for the Super Bowl and to celebrate Mom, Megs, my Aunt Miranda, and her little girl Zellie's birthday's. 
Have I mentioned how much I love my family? 




My cute twin cousins, Lily and Isabel. 

The birthday girls minus little Z


Kimball, of course, had to shove someone's face in a cake. 


And then this was the best part, my dad and Kris were matching.
These guys are two peas in a pod. 
They are so much a like its kind of freaky.
I love them both immensely.

Birthday girl with her flowers and balloon that Katie sent her at school. 


And this is my cute mom!
Look how great she is!

It was such a fun weekend to just be with my family.
Jarom and I had such a good time.
I'm so grateful for the people in my life.
Even if everything else in my life falls apart its reassuring to know that I'll always have my family behind me.


Then this past weekend Jarom and I went on a super great date. 
He told me that we were going out a couple days before but he wouldn't tell me what we were doing.
The night before he told me what time to be ready and that he would let me know what I needed to wear.
So Friday I got these funny texts throughout the day. 


         





He is so great.
He came and picked me up and took me to dinner at Olive Garden.
Afterwards we went to the institute dance over at UVU.
When we showed up, there was barely anyone there.
But we had a blast.
It was so fun. 
We just goofed around and danced for about an hour.
Jarom is hilarious when he gets going.
You'd have to see it in order to know what I'm talking about.
He told me that we need to leave at 9:45 but wouldn't tell me where we were going.
So we get into the car and then he tells me that I have to keep my eyes closed until we got there.
So he drove around in circles and then stopped and told me I could open my eyes.
And right in front of us was Costco.
And I was like we are going to Costco?
And he says no, I know how much you wanted to see the Vow....


So he got us tickets. 
He's so great.
I liked the movie.
It was a lot different than what I expected but overall I thought it was good.



We had a great night and it was fun to be surprised.
On Sunday I was thinking about my life and how at times I seem to have themes that define it.
Right now, would be gratitude. 
I live an incredibly blessed life.
The Lord has given me so much.
Even at times of trial or difficulty I always know that the Lord is there and that I have much to be grateful for.
I'm especially grateful for those two birthday girls, my mom and Megs.
My mom is one of the best people out there and is always there for me when I need her.
I couldn't have asked for a better mom.
Meg is my favorite. 
I adore that girl probably more than anyone else in this world. 
She makes me laugh.
And whenever I'm with her I am just overwhelmed with the love that I feel for my little sister.
Gratitude.




3 comments:

  1. shut up. too great. love your bf. :) and love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Jarom sounds so great. Your family is cute :)
    Love you Whit! Happy valentines!

    ReplyDelete