"I do believe my redheadedness plays a huge part in who I am. If I were a blonde or brunette, I would be an entirely different person."

Monday, February 27, 2012

-Welcome to the Grid-


 I'm excited to blog about my trip last weekend, presidents day weekend. :)
Jarom and I made the 10 hour drive to Northern California to a little town called Gridley.
Mr Jarom's home town.
His sister Shyler got married on Friday so we went out to spend the weekend with his family.


Something that I absolutely LOVE to do is take pictures.
I love snapping awkward moments, but even more I love capturing the moments the good moments.
But this boy here, is not very fond of my constant snapping of pictures.
Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have much of a say in it. :)



I like taking pictures of myself.  :)
We left Thursday morning after Jare took a test.
And made the long trip across Nevada.


This is a constant occurrence in our time spent together.
Jare falling asleep. And me keep myself entertained. 
Haha kidding.

 The drive across Nevada was boooring.
But as we got into California it was absolutely beautiful.



I was totally enthralled by the sky.
It was all different colors and so clear.
I loved it.
Jarom thought it was funny that I was so entertained by the scenery. 


Okay, so I really wasn't kidding about him always falling asleep.
He could fall asleep at anytime, anywhere.
I totally envy that.
His sister, Shyler, got married in the Oakland temple which was 2.5 hours south of Gridley.
So we left early Friday morning and made the drive down there.
We went with his parents and had a good time just talking.



The temple was absolutely beautiful.
And it was so green in that area.
It made me crave summer so badly!

If you look across from the temple you can see San Francisco.
While they were all in the temple, I just hung out outside and walked around the grounds.
The weather was absolutely beautiful.







It was so fun to meet all of Jarom's family and a lot of their family friends.
I met so many people, I hardly remember any of their names.
Everyone was so friendly and welcoming.
I loved it.

Sitting here are is uncle and aunt on the left and his Grandpa Stewart and his wife on the right.

Shyler and her husband Tyler looked great.



You can barely see but Jarom has a little girl on his arm, I want to say her name is Ashley, who is apparently his ex girlfriend. 
She was so cute.
Haha

Shy and Ty and all the nieces/nephews

There was a beautiful fountain and Jarom's niece Reagan, and nephew Beck loved.

Beck tried to go swimming. 
Haha such cute little kids.

This is Beck.
Such a stud.



Look at him. :)


To the right of Shyler is Jaroms whole family: parents, siblings and nieces and nephew.

Reagan and I 

Grandpa Stewart

His family again


The grooms brother.

Reagan got a hold of my camera and probably took like 150 pictures. 
It was perfect cause then she took all the pictures for me and I didn't look like some creeper stranger taking pictures of people I didn't know. 

Yeah, not one of our better pictures. 

Jare's older brother, Wade.

Shy looking like babe.

Jare and his other brother, Caleb. 

This is little Finlee Lou. 
Wade and Jessee's baby. 
She is 3 months old and absolutely adorable!




Seriously, look at her.
So cute.

We spent a long time Friday night setting up for the reception at their Stake Center. 

Jarom's sister in law, Jessee, and I have become professional wedding planners.
And in fact we are starting our own wedding business called: "Never Trust Us With Your Wedding".
Let us know if you want any help. ;)
It was such a fun night.
I was laughing so hard. 

This is how much he loves taking pictures with me.

Occasionally though he'll humor me and smile. :)
And look how cute it turns out when he cooperates. Haha



On Saturday afternoon before the reception, Jare took me on a ride on this baby.
Woo Hoo.




Such a stud.

We drove all around Gridley.
And saw all the orchards.
It's seriously such a beautiful little town.
I loved it. 







He had me try to drive.
Haha I mostly just sat in front and had my hands on the handle bar and he controlled it. 
Haha, it was way to heavy for me. 


The reception turned out absolutely beautiful. 
It was so fun.
We danced and ate food and met even more people.





Beck is such a little stud.


Towards the end of the reception they had a little musical program that they put on.
The bride and groom sang and then Jarom and his brothers and his mom did a couple of numbers.
It was super fun to watch.





Jarom and Beck caught the garter.
Starting Beck out young.
We had such a good time in Gridley.
I loved being in the place that Jarom grew up in.
We stayed with his parents and just hung out and played.
He's got a great family and I'm glad I got to be apart of it for a couple days.
Thanks guys!

1 comment:

  1. so umm this boy? haha this sounds like so much fun! and whitney...you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete