"I do believe my redheadedness plays a huge part in who I am. If I were a blonde or brunette, I would be an entirely different person."

Thursday, March 22, 2012

...Change...

Ever since I graduated from high school, I've realized that I am a big planner. 
I like to know exactly what I'm doing, why I'm doing, and when I'm doing. 
If I could plan out my entire life, I totally would.
I get to a point where I know exactly what I am doing and where I'll be for at least a year in advance.
I feel confident, and ready for what the world will bring.
Because, I, Whitney Jensen, will know exactly what I'll be doing.
Unfortunately, I've also learned that life doesn't work that way.
And I'm not going to lie, I still get upset when life throws a curve ball at me.
I have to believe that the Lord just had/has a better plan for me, and thats why change happens so often.
I'm forced to make a new plan, to take a new path.
And sometimes I'm forced to have no plan at all when I honestly don't know which way to go.
This is when my faith kicks into gear.
Faith that its okay to not always have a plan, faith that in the end things will be better than I could have hoped for.
Meanwhile, I smile, I grimace, and sometimes I cry until things get worked out.
Luckily for me I have the gospel in my life.
A gospel all about love.
A gospel about service.
A gospel about happiness.
And in the end, if we just endure through the curve balls, we'll find greater happiness than we could have ever imagined. 
Here's to a new plan in my life and the faith that it is going to be so much better than the last one.

1 comment:

  1. seriously loved this post! good luck with everything whit!

    ReplyDelete