"I do believe my redheadedness plays a huge part in who I am. If I were a blonde or brunette, I would be an entirely different person."

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Little Miss Megan Rae

Anybody that knows me well, knows that I adore my sister.
She is eight years younger than me and one of my absolute favorite people in the whole world.
Tonight I sat and watched her as she tried over and over again to throw a back-handspring on her own.
Tomorrow she tries out for cheerleader.
She was in tears.
Tears of frustration and anger.
Tears of fear.
My adorable, favorite little sister was in so much pain.
She wants to make cheer so badly and all she needs is to throw that back-handspring.
But she is absolutely terrified.
I sat and watched there as she just cried.
And instantly I was taken back to my junior high years of going for things I wanted and not getting them.
I felt my little sisters pain so vividly that I couldn't help but choke up a little.
I wanted to take her in my arms and make it all go away.
As I sat and watched her, trying so hard not to just burst into tears, it made me think of our Savior.
For the last little while I've been pretty absorbed in my own troubles and trials in my life.
Sometimes, I get so involved in myself I forget to continue living, I forget that there are other people that I could be helping.
As I watched Meg, my heart breaking for the hard things she has to go through, I was hit with the realization that that is how our Savior must feel.
As He sits and watches us go through our pain and our heartaches, some days just struggling to get by, I'm sure that he just aches to wrap his arms around us and make it all go away.
The beauty of that, is that he can make it all go away.
My Savior went through all my pain, and my heartache years ago.
He did it so that I wouldn't have to go through this life alone.
So that my sister can one day understand the power of the atonement.
My heart is so full.
I can't imagine what our lives would be like without that knowledge, without knowing there is one person out there who understands my pain and my sorrow.
And knowing that he can lift me up when the world is pushing me down.
I love my little sister.
But I love my Savior even more for going through the atonement so that my little sister doesn't have to struggle through her pain alone. 


1 comment: