"I do believe my redheadedness plays a huge part in who I am. If I were a blonde or brunette, I would be an entirely different person."

Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy 25th Anniversary!

Just wanted to do a quick shout out to my parents.
Today is there 25th anniversary of "marital bliss", as my dad says.
Gotta admit I'm pretty fond of my parents.
I might even like them a little bit.
I've mentioned before how much I love my dad and the relationship with him, but never really mentioned my mom.
Just a little background about my mom, when she was 26 years old and I was just 10 months, her mom, my grandma passed away from cancer.
So growing up I remember my mom always saying that her mom was her best friend, how she could talk to her about anything.
And how much she missed having her here with her.
At the time, I think she was kind of hinting that I should consider my mom to be one of my best friends. 
Actually now that I think about it, there probably wasn't much hinting going on.
I remember thinking to myself, "how could I ever be best friends with my mom?"
During my teenage years we really didn't get along very well.
Actually thats an understatement.
We were constantly fighting, always down each others throats.
Until my junior year of high school.
I went through some pretty rough trials, and it eventually changed my life and my relationship with my mom.
Thank heavens.
From that time onward, we have continued to grow very close.
I remember one time last year just sitting in my room and thinking about her and just realizing that she truly had become my best friend.
She loves me unconditionally, she'll listen to me, talk to me, let me vent to her, laugh with me, go shopping with me, talk about boys with me. 
And she always understands, and she always gives me the support I need.
Who could ask for a better friend than that?
So needless to say, I love my parents.
I couldn't have asked for better parents in my life.
They are the greatest!



 



 

 



 

 



Happy Anniversary to 2 of the most important people in my life. 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you my blue-eyed, red-headed beauty. I am so lucky to have you as my daughter and best friend. I'd listen to you any time to have that title. (:

    ReplyDelete