"I do believe my redheadedness plays a huge part in who I am. If I were a blonde or brunette, I would be an entirely different person."

Saturday, September 3, 2011

MIA


So.....I'm back. 
Have I completely failed at this for like the past month? Yes I have.
I don't really have any good excuses...so sue me.
Geez, its been so long since I posted on here that I can't remember what to write...
But I'll just update you on my life recently...
Okay so some background on the following people in my pictures.
They are my uncle and aunt, Kimball and Katie.
I've mentioned before how growing up I didn't really have cousins on my mom's side of the family.
Kimball is my mothers brother, and one of my best friends. 
I grew up spending a lot of time with him. 
I went into the OR with him when I was 5, had sleepovers at his house eating otter pops and watching Indiana Jones till all hours of the night, went boating, learned how to wake board, going to Lake Powell with him, rock climbing, repelling, and traveling across the world to Africa and London with him.
I've always shared a really close relationship with him.
Even to this day he is someone I can talk to about anything, and I really do mean anything.
I'm a blessed girl and can say that growing up I pretty much had three dads.
My actual dad, Kimball, and my other uncle Chris.
I remember when I was little always kind of dreading the day that he would eventually get married.
Of course, I wanted him to be happy and find a wife, and naturally I wanted cousins.
But I knew that when he did eventually get married it would change our relationship.
A relationship that I, obviously, truly treasure.
Almost 5 years ago he met my aunt Katie.
The biggest blessing ever.
She is incredible. 
Someone I love dearly and admire.
I really had nothing to worry about as she quickly became one of my best friends too.
We go shopping, talk on the phone, talk about my boy problems, and go crazy dancing together.
I don't know that a lot of people can say that their aunt and uncle are some of their best friends.
(I don't know actually, maybe they can, I'm just assuming they can't)
But I can't really express how grateful I am to have these two people in my life.
My heart is just full thinking about the blessings they have been in my life.
I can remember times crying to Kim about problems in life, and receiving priesthood blessings from him when my dad wasn't able to, receiving priceless advice, and just spending time with him.
Having Katie a part of the picture just makes everything so much better.
So this last weekend we got to go down to Zion's and spend some time canyoneering.
Which is basically just repelling, and rock climbing, and slot canyons.
Seriously, a total blast. 
We left Thursday night and drove the 4 hours down there.
The first 2-3 hours we just talked, about everything.
Have I mentioned how much I treasure my relationships with them?
Friday we got to do my very first slot canyon and just had a great time. 
Saturday we got to do another one that was a little more difficult, and a little bit longer.
We had to hike in about a mile and then its just repel after repel.
Seriously, so much fun!
The highest repel we did, I think, was 100 feet. 
It was such a fun weekend to get away just before school. 
We just hung out, and talked, and ate some good food.
Have I mentioned that I love these guys?
Cause I do.






On the drive down we got Wendy's. Kenya and I were cuddling. He wanted me sandwich but I didn't want to share. :)

This is where we stayed



Hiding our keys to the Yukon.


Seriously these slot canyons were beautiful!








This is where we ate lunch after the first slot canyon we did.




 I absolutely adore this picture!




Kate is stoked!

Birch Hollow

Just hanging out



























Gotta get close and personal Haha





We all had matching shoes. I was going to get a picture of all of us, but did not.


Finally we are done.

And we spent our last night eating a HUGE banana split.
Thanks Kimball and Kate for such a great weekend.
I love ya guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment